It’s 2018, and sadly, animal testing is still an issue. In fact, according to Cruelty-Free International, over 115 million animals are being used for animal testing worldwide. While many brands compromise ethics to create products, we commit to services and products that are cruelty-free.
I am a believer that there’s no excuse for companies to test on animals when there are better alternatives available, we have partnered with only the best of the best when it comes to hair care. It isn’t just about aesthetics. It’s about ethics. That’s why our salon supports the use of high-quality, cruelty-free products from the well-known DeLorenzo Products line explicitly.
If you are an Australian consumer looking to find cruelty-free hair care, we’ve got you covered! While there are many reasons to opt for products that are free from animal testing, here is my list of reasons:
1. Animal testing is crueler than one would assume. The animals used in experiments are not only confined to small cages and inhumane conditions, but they’re also undergoing painful procedures that are far more than just the dying of hair or products tested on their skin.
The “not tested on animals” rabbit logo that many are familiar with seeing identifies accredited companies that have taken out a license and paid the annual license fee to ensure their products are meeting the criteria to be cruelty-free.
2. Animal testing isn’t necessary to ensure the safety of products. While some companies try to convince us that animal testing serves to prove that products are safe enough for humans, the truth is, there are multiple alternatives to animal testing for ingredient safety.
3. There are thousands of ingredients to choose from. To formulate their products, companies can select from a list of over 7,000 ingredients that are already proven to be safe. De Lorenzo works in harmony with nature using Certified Organics locally sourced via fair trade as often as possible.
4. It’s better for the planet. Going cruelty-free is also a great way to minimize the impact we are placing on the earth by taking a more natural and minimalistic approach to beauty. After all, beauty is more than skin-deep!
5. Investing in cruelty-free products are budget-friendly. Aside from reducing waste and the lives of innocent animals, another benefit of being more mindful of your purchases is that you’ll save money in the long run when you invest in quality ingredients that have been tested and proven effective.
Your trips to the Jomara Hair Salon make far more of a difference than just a physical one! By supporting cruelty-free salons like us, and investing in our Inspired By Nature De Lorenzo products, you’re sending the whole industry a message that beauty is in the hair and the heart.
Have a wonderful month everyone. If you would like to join our mailing list please click here: NEWSLETTER